W1D1-after months and months of looking at the Couch to 5K website, I have actually gotten off the couch, prompted by a shocking visit to the women's fitting room, which, I have decided, should not come equipped with mirrors....
Day One calls for a brisk 5 minute walk, followed by alternating jogs and walks of 60 and 90 seconds apiece. Repeated for 20 minutes. I made it to minute 12 when suddenly, there was my front door. My front door leads to water. And a chair. Not having brought either of these things with me, I ran in. After sitting and drinking for a full minute, by the cellphone stopwatch, my daughter kindly asked if I planned to finish the rest of the run. "Yeah, why not?", and out the front door I went. The 8 minutes were far easier than the first 12. Lesson one-bring water. Beautiful Daughter can carry it, as she's following me on her scooter with the dog, anyway.... Lesson Two-10 PM is not a bad time to run, unless you'd like to be able to breathe not quite so deeply as you fall asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment