Ah, now this is more like it! I blew off yesterday (but I'm told that that will be my official weekend rest day now). It was 3 degrees and windy as heck! Who could run in that?? (Anyone, I guess).
So today, I chose to run sans Beautiful Daughter and Dog and it was glorious. I'm sure she'll be happy to know that I will not need a drill sergeant anymore.
I tried a few new things today, running on my own, running (well, I call it running, but since it's W1D3, it's really jogging and walking) on the Rail Trail, which is dirt, not pavement, and running to music. There is nothing like running to music, suddenly it's not a chore anymore, it's more like dancing over a distance. Such fun! It took half the time I ran to figure out how to use the Mp3 player-you can't see a thing on the screen when the sun's shining on it. Once I got it going, it was on full volume, so now I'm panting, and deaf. But so worth it! Moving on to W2....
No comments:
Post a Comment