I ran alone today, much to my great delight. I went back to my original trail, just to see how much better I was at running on it now than I was before. Well, it's humid today, even at 8 AM, and that put a stop to my brilliance, unfortunately. I was a bit anxious about running on the trail alone but I needn't have worried. There were all of my old dog walker friends again. Of course, I did run a bit faster as they approached, and that might have been the thing that slowed me down over the whole run-that on and off sprinting....
I have discoved a FB page for Bridge to 10K, with podcasts, no less. Not as spiffy as Carli's but with much less rap, thank heaven. Given the choice, I would not be running along to Eminem chanting away to me about being a dead baby daddy as a result of his unwise recreational drug use choices, so this new music seems to be a good alternative. I will, one day, figure out how to make my own podcast, but I still like to hear a nice encouraging voice telling me that I've already run 5 minutes, and how wonderful I am. It feels great to be back in the running saddle again!
You are too much! I love Eminem, actually, but you summed him up quite well. Glad to hear you're back at it!
ReplyDelete