It's pretty darn hot out there again, but only 78% humidity today! What a blessing that is. It must be more tolerable, because my friend the rabbit was out on the trail today, looking just like a chocolate Easter bunny, but with transparent ears where the blazing sun shone through. I don't know if people are feeding the little fellow or if he truly is out there just to mock the odd runner.
I ran, half asleep, for a good part of the run. I had thought to challenge myself by going out on my own on the hilly trail, but given the fact that I just didn't sleep last night, I thought it best to stick with the tried and true. Much easier to run with my eyes closed that way.
New people on the trail today-a fellow with a standard poodle. Did not fare well with them, as I accidentally poked the dog in the nose on my first go-by and then called him "pretty dog" as we passed on the return trip, thereby offending his dubious masculinity. If you've got a guy poodle, don't make him look so cute! I should maybe just stick to running....
I was planning to run a bit farther today than the usual 4.5 K, but I will save that for a time when I am all rested up. I am, at least, off the couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment