Saturday, July 17, 2010

Alright! Enough with the Humidity Already!!

I've decided to start the Bridge to 10K. Might as well, it's bound to get me to 5 K sooner or later! 3 repeats of 10 min running, 1 min walking today. This will increase to 4 and then 5 repeats as the week wears on.
It is very, very humid this week and this has prevented me from running for 4 days in a row. I am noticing it now, as I return from a brutal jog on the uphill (both ways) trail. I am a sodden mess. Even my pony tail is wet. People on the trail were smiling broadly at us and although I hope it was because we had the cute dog with us, I suspect it was actually because I am wearing a bright green tshirt which clashed with my bright red countenance. That's the more likely story.
I am waiting patiently for September when many things will change. a) I will run alone and not have to carry a bag of dog poo during the entire 5 minute cooldown walk (oxymoron). b) I will run when I want to and not in the middle of the day when it is bloody hot out. c)I will pick my own trail and d) I will not be sweating like a stuck pig (inaccuracy-pigs don't sweat).(Although they cool off by rolling in feces, which I could have done, since I had it with me in a bag).

No comments:

Post a Comment