Week 9. Now what? What will I do without someone telling me I have to run so many minutes at a time? Carli's so encouraging. I hope to goodness she hurries with that bridge to 10K podcast!!
Today, in honour of the 30 minute run, I decided to run on the same stretch of trail (which conveniently has parking for hikers at the halfway point of my 4K run) but starting at the opposite end. I figured that if I started from the place where my body is used to thinking it's halfway done (and I always run faster on the home stretch), then I could fool myself into thinking the whole thing was easy.
Truthfully, the whole thing WAS easy! I used some of the things I learned from reading ChiRunning, like keeping my elbows back and my feet behind my core. It actually works! Beautiful Daughter came with me on her bike; I think she's getting used to this now. And she brought the dog, who cried pitifully as we were leaving. It took some doing to figure out how to keep her from running in front of the bike, and ultimately, she just rode on Beautiful Daughter's lap. Good thing she's not a lab.
Fortunately, no one but bikers showed up til the very end. You'd think we'd be happy to run into other people running, but apparently I turn bright red near the end, and people notice....
No comments:
Post a Comment