Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Come to a Complete Standstill

Those of you kind enough to read this little blog will no doubt be wondering why I have not run in 2 weeks. I wonder that myself. The truth is that it has been as humid as it can be, and while I would love to be running every day sometime after dawn, Beautiful Daughter is not keen on the idea of being here alone while I run and has firmly put her foot down regarding the desirability of biking while being eaten alive by bugs. They never go after me.
The big reason for our lack of exercise is the trip to hospital we took last week to see if one of us had appendicitis Fortunately not! But it took many hours of sitting and lying in hospital to discover this.
It's almost the end of the sprummer semester for me. Apparently my classes spanned the whole of the alternate semesters, spring, intercession and summer, and I am grinding toward the end, with 2 lovely 12 page essays due, of course, last week. You may believe me when I tell you that I would rather have been running some of those days I spent writing til all hours of the morning.
I may have mentioned this before, but I will be more than grateful when school starts in the Fall.....I will run again!

No comments:

Post a Comment