Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sor t of D2....

It's 27 degrees out there, 36 with the Humidex. I ran in that. What sort of fanatical person have I become?? One thing that does love this heat is a bug, and not just one, but several at a time. The rabbit, of course, being a wise mammal, is nowhere to be seen. Even the oriole is missing-the only birds are the black ones, and you'd think they'd be the ones to stay out of the sun. No great shock that there was only one other person on the trail, a woman walking who didn't hear me say hello because either her ipod was too loud or sweat was in her eyes and she just missed seeing me entirely.
We got to the point at which I would have been running 5 more minutes before turning around when Naomi had had enough of the bugs in her hair (she had her own entourage the whole way and nearly went nuts). So she asked me, in a small pathetic voice if we could please, please turn around here and go back. I thought it would work out ok, given the snail's pace at which I was running today; surely by the time I reached the car it would be 30 minutes worth of running. Apparently I was running faster than the average snail, because I hit the car before the end. Kept on going on the road (boy, you really notice pavement when it's not your running surface of choice!) and then jogged back to the car, STILL not at the end. So I think I've probably missed a minute or two, for which I could be forgiven, as one minute in the blazing heat =2 normal minutes. I am going to tack these minutes on to the end of my graduating run, which will occur on Friday. In the meantime, I think I'll live in the shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment