Wednesday, June 30, 2010

School's out-Now What?

I was dreading today... well, not dreading so much as wondering how I would manage to run when Beautiful Daughter would just as soon not come along, but doesn't want to be home on her own. Solution; a sleepover! I take 2 girls on the trail, on their bikes, they can pick berries for me as I run, and I don't have to worry about anyone's happiness but my own. 4K run today, taking 28 minutes. I am encouraged by the fact that I spoke with a fellow yesterday who was doing 4K in 50 minutes (that is slooooowwww!)
Great run today-although I wore the wrong socks and have a sore foot now. Part of it might have been this ChiRunning thing I was so enthused about. I think I was probably running just fine without worrying about my chi. Too much focus on posture, pronation and leaning. I do those things (or not) automatically as I get into my run. Thinking about it too much just hurts. Poof! It's outta here. As is W8. Now I'll be running 30 minutes at a time. Just 2 minutes more. I can do this, easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment