Well, I figured out why the rabbit's not showing up on the trail; it's because the mosquitos and blackflies have arrived. Smart bunny.
I started off this second day of the seventh week of running (how many runs IS that, anyway?) at a fair clip. No more of this piddly jogging for me! (I think). A biker dinged by early on and I encountered the nice walking ladies with the tiny dog that just runs ahead of them. Said hi to the dog and his owner said "you go, girl!" So encouraging! I ran farther today than I have yet, waiting for Ms. Carli to tell me that I was halfway done, and that was a nice accomplishment. I'm going to have to suck it up next week and run all the way to the 2nd KM marker. That will mean, yes! that I have run 4 K. Unbelievable. I think there's, like, a driveway farther up the trail.
Anyhow, by the last minute of the 25 minute run, I've run right out of steam and what I end up doing for the last 60 seconds is something akin to a spastic skip in an attempt to keep launching myself off the ground. By the time I'm done, I"m really done. One more day of this week and then off to some fresh hell. :-)
A driveway up the trail? Do I think this will make some sort of difference to my run? I dunno...
ReplyDelete