Friday, June 4, 2010

Ok, that's it, I'm legit.

I have just run 20 minutes without stopping. Unbe-freakin'-lievable. I am a runner. (Real runners would probably scoff at this, but, hey, I'm happy.) Met a walker with a baby in a back carrier, a few walkers with tiny dogs and a couple of bikers who showed up while I was doing my cool-down walk. 'How you doin'?' they ask me. 'Tired!' I say, much to their probable disdain as I am walking. How tired can I be, they must be wondering. It was just 18 degrees and mostly cloudy which was perfect for this adventure.
Birds kept flying across my path, a baltimore oriole, a mourning dove building a nest and a goldfinch. Plenty of colour! The rabbit was conspicuously absent but that was likely because of the loud and barking dog in one of the yards I pass to get to the trail.
Still waiting to be skinny, but I plough on.

No comments:

Post a Comment