Monday, June 21, 2010

I have hitchhikers

Week 7 is officially done. I find it interesting to stand back and watch the way I handle glitches in the program. If I can't run on a day, for one reason or another (and there have been no "excuses" days yet, just "reasons" days) then I have to be sure I complete the whole thing in some other configuration. Take today, for instance. It's Monday, and I should be starting W8, but nope, I had to do the last day of W7. However, my body has other ideas about what day this is. I came to the end of the 25 minutes and just kept on running. Part of it had to do with the dog walkers, who practically know me by name now. They showed up just at the halfway point coming toward me. I hate running if someone's walking behind me so I ran a little farther than I needed to. Of course, once I turned around, I couldn't run as fast as I may have liked to, because, yeah, there they were! So I took a detour down a gravel road and added a bit more space between us. Anyway, there's week 7, all done now and instead of the 26 minutes I ran today, I will be running 28 minutes. I think I can do that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and the hitchhikers were the blackflies in my hair....

    ReplyDelete