So today I decided that it would be a great idea to do W6D3 right before my trip to Ottawa, with my son. And I should say right from the outset that, yes, I did it, with seconds to spare. I ran out of trail and did a good 10 seconds on the road, which tried to break my ankle by placing a crooked bit of pavement right under my feet.
I discovered that I can run while talking, which is a far cry from W1D1 when I had to hold up my cellphone upon which I was keeping time, when someone asked me partway through the 60 second run how much farther I had to go. It's actually not as long in your mind if someone's running along with you, or sprinting ahead, as was the case.
A lovely run, except for the dude on the bike informing me that he was passing on my left. The whole trail width was free to my left, but he felt he must tell me this in case I broke from tradition and went veering off wildly to the other side of the path....Bikers. Sheesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment