Ok, here's the deal; if I manage to run for 20 minutes straight on Friday, I will officially call myself a runner. (or 'unconscious'). Today I ran for 8 minutes straight, which doesn't seem like a long time, but believe me, it is! The first 8 minute stretch I was distracted by a couple with some dogs. I can say hello without wheezing-and this trail etiquette is very important. The more polite you are to people you meet while running, the more likely someone will be to help you if you happen to collapse or need water or something...
The 2nd 8 minutes I forgot I was running while I was having some sort of odd fantasy. (no, I will not share it with you. ;-p It was a perfectly clean fantasy)
Today for the first time, I felt the 'burn' everyone's talking about. Right in the glutes. Bodes well for future clothing purchases... I have made a discovery as well, and that is that running is just automatic when you're not paying attention. Stubborness is a valuable asset in this game, too. Maybe, maybe, I can do this W5D3 thing. Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment