Monday, May 31, 2010

W5, already!

or..."running with a sunburn". Started off today with Naomi reading in the car. Her torn ligament is still healing and she would just as soon not tag along. Beautiful day today. My 5 minute walk began with a rabbit on the trail (oh, and a nice walker, too!)Things changed this week, as I am running 5 minutes right off the get-go, after the 5 min warm up walk. Then I walk for 3 minutes, and run again. 3 times I run for 5 minutes. I actually ran, as opposed to jogging, when the podcast played Girlfriend. I can run to that song! I should just play it over and over on Friday when I am slated to run for 20 minutes straight. This I've GOT to see....
I'm feeling some muscles in the glutes today, and my clothes are looser, so something's happening! Slathered on the vitamin E to take care of that nasty sunburn. At least Naomi wore sunscreen to the beach!

1 comment:

  1. Discovered today that running suddenly faster in the midst of a running interval is called
    fartlek. Who could make that up? (the Swedes, apparently)...

    ReplyDelete