Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thanks for the distraction!

Well, here I am in W4, the week I've been dreading, the week everyone on FB was saying was the toughest week yet, even harder than following weeks. And I DID IT! I did it because halfway through the 5 minute run, a couple and their lovely big husky came toward me, running. There was no way I was going to bail while someone was actually watching! It's so much easier to do something like this (5 whole minutes!) when there's a distraction. When it's just you and the music, there's too much time to think about what you're doing and how long you've got to go. Thank God they weren't walking, is all I have to say! I always think someone walking watches someone running to see if they'll be able to keep going. I know I do that! I don't know if what I'm doing counts as running during the 5 minutes, but I DID run during the 3 minutes, which is now, officially, and unfortunately, the short run!
Today-a heron, a Baltimore Oriole, a chipmunk and still, the robins. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment