Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Running, with encouragement

W2D2 today. I don't know where it went, but I lost all the enthusiasm I had, and couldn't motivate myself to run! Posted a message on the Facebook group and boy, those people don't hold back. 'Get off your ass!" they yelled at me in capital letters, "Just get out the door and do it!". Yoiks. I'd like to see what they have to say when it's -20 and I can't get motivated. So I went. I went farther than I've gone yet-I suspect I'm actually running now as opposed to the meagre jog I was indulging in earlier. I turned around at a spot farther on and then I had to walk for 10 minutes just to reach the car. I actually threw in an extra minute of jogging, which doesn't sound like much, but considering the first week, when i couldn't walk and jog past 12 minutes, this is a big thing. Met lots of people on the trail, all with dogs, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment