Here's Week 4, Day 2 in the bag! Naomi is home with a 'headache', but I am determined to run when I'm supposed to, as I suspect I am now addicted. Moreover, (a new word I've imported from essay-writing) I indulged in a baby-sized ice cream last night and must run it off. Sugar, surprisingly, does not taste as good anymore. I'm glad I've had plenty of it up to this point. Ah, the memories.
So, Naomi and the dog have come along with me, first waiting in the car, and then right on the trail when Nomes felt it would be fun to race along in front of Mommy. Boy, was she in for a surprise! There's Mom, running 5 minutes at a stretch, and who's got a stitch in her side? It ain't Mom! Three quarters of the way through, who's saying "this is more running than I do in basketball and soccer put together!"? Again, not Mom. I am starting to know when the 5 minutes is going to come to an end, when I am involuntarily thinking "Surely to God this is almost finished!". But the FB people are right when they say it's 90% mental. I think I need to stop, but really, I'm just exhibiting some laziness. Note to self; Pick up the pace! And maybe don't bring along a creature who will ultimately need to be carried back to the car when you wear her out. Silly dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment