Wednesday, June 9, 2010

An encounter with a giant lawnmower

So there I am in the midst of my 5 minute warmup walk in the woods, when what should appear but a backhoe with a mowing attachment on the side, slashing away at the verge of MY running trail. He's taking up the whole width of the trail, too, and there is a drop off on one side and his whacking great mower on the other. What to do? So he graciously stops the backhoe just as it's time for me to start my run. Naturally I'm running a bit faster than usual to get away from the roaring and slashing... Otherwise a lovely run, 10 minutes running, 3 minutes walking and 10 more mins run. This was my last day of intervals, I think, but not sure as I follow the advice I give everyone and I do not look ahead.
Of course, mower man is there again, coming back at me with the damned mower on the way back. So there I am, running on the spot waiting for him to get out of MY tree tunnel, when suddenly Carli says Day 2, you're finished your last run! Sigh. Screw this, I think, and I start walking toward the backhoe, which is stuck at a tree. I'M not stopping to help him, but he is rather cute, so instead of walking past the backhoe, I break into an enthusiastic run, which I keep up for an entire minute. Oh yeah, that's right. Now I'm trashed. But W6D2 is in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment