Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Never Listen to the Guy on IronBoomer.com....

Cardio works better when you push yourself harder than you think you can, he says. Jeez, he's 75 or sometbing. No pressure on the young boomer here, no, none at all. So I'm up for the challenge, and I push myself harder. For 28 minutes I do this, while I pass, yes, the dog walkers again, and some creepy fellow with a husky. I don't know who scares me more....Yeah, back to the running. It is as humid as it can be out there. I think I've sweat off one of my bosoms. I have gone from the couch to 4K now, having run to the 2nd km marker. I discovered that it's not a driveway up in the distance (because I have now run that far), but a parking lot for hikers. There's a road there! Who knew? Next time I run, I will cross that road, because, OMG, it's got to be cooler than it was today! Now we know what it's like to run in a sauna. And next time I run, when Katie Perry is singing "someone call a doctor" I won't find it quite so ironic. I hope.

1 comment:

  1. I think that your blog is hilarious, and I can totally identify with some of the things you're talking about! Especially the part about intervals being harder than just running. I definitely agree with that! Thanks for reading my blog and giving me the chance to find yours! I will be an avid follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete